With all the overwhelmingly positive benefits coming out about CBD you may just be wondering how much of it you need to take to get some of the benefits yourself.
The truth is that there’s no set dose amount you to take because everybody is different and it all depends on what you’re trying to ‘cure’.
But hopefully this article will help steer you in the right direction!
Here’s the contents of this post to help you figure out the correct CBD dosage to take:
- Who’s Taking It?
- What Are You Taking It For?
- How Are You Taking It?
- How To Find Your CBD Dosage Sweet Spot!
CBD Dosage Factor #1 – Who’s Taking It?
Weight, metabolism, and blood circulation are just a few things to consider when choosing the right dose of CBD.
For instance, the dosage required for a child might by a lot less than a full grown man.
The best way to begin using CBD is: Start small and work your way up!
There’s no harm in taking just a few drops and waiting about 45 minutes before gauging your reaction.
If you’re not feeling your desired amount of relief, you can always take a little more.
CBD oil often comes in a small bottle with a dropper or in a pre-measured form such as a fruit gummy or capsule making it wasy to keep track of how much you’re consuming.
CBD Oil Dosage Factor #2 – What Are You Taking It For?
CBD can be used to treat a variety of conditions from insomnia to anxiety and plenty in between.
Dosage can vary greatly based on what symptoms you are trying to combat.
The milder the symptoms the less CBD you will need.
If you’re in physical pain you may need to consume more CBD.
Start off with half a dropper full of CBD oil right under your tongue.
CBD can be used as a spot treatment for physical pain but for things like anxiety, depression or seizure prevention it’s best used on a daily basis.
- Physical Pain: If the pain is physical then you may need to use more CBD and you will feel the effects faster.
- Mental Pain: If the pain is mental such as anxiety it may take days or weeks to feel normal again.
CBD Dosage Factor #3 – How Are You Taking It?
Beyond the factors above, you should also consider how the CBD is actually getting in to your body.
Some ways of consuming CBD require you to use less CBD because it gets absorbed better.
- Vaping works quickest, and gets absorbed better.
- Balms and creams are great for localalized pains such as joint pain.
- Gummies and oils take longer to feel the effects because your body must digest them first but these work well for things like anxiety and depression.
Whatever method you choose, just remember that you are in control of your care when it comes to CBD.
Finding Your CBD Dosage Sweet Spot
Most of the human studies conducted on the effects of using CBD gave users between 20-1,500 milligrams (mg) per day.
1,500mg is a very high dosage by the way but thankfully researchers found that even at very high doses CBD was well tolerated and safe to consume.
So, here’s how to find your sweet spot and figure out just the right CBD dose for you:
- Start by using 20mg per day during the first week.
- Keep a diary of how you feel after taking the CBD.
- After the first week increase your dose by 5mg every 3-4 days until you feel its powerful benefits.
- Consider splitting the dose in 2. So take half in the morning and half in the afternoon to make sure you’ve always got some CBD working its magic.
It’s important to keep a diary/log of how much you took and how you feel after an hour or 2 of using it otherwise you’ll forget!
With pretty much no side effects it’s ok to increase your dose and do some experimenting until you find the right dose for you.
Unlike opioids and other dangerous and addictive medications, CBD puts control of your pain management back in to your hands, with no risk of fatal overdose.
There might not be a consensus for dosage just yet, but hopefully this article will help you find your CBD sweet spot and get all the wonderful benefits that come with it!