Pure Ratios proudly boasts an “award-winning product line” but their website never elaborates on these awards.
Is it just a clever marketing ploy or does Pure Ratios really offer trophy-worthy CBD products?
Take a look at our Pure Ratios review to find out more!
- Pure Ratios was founded in 2014 by Chad Conner and his wife, “2 natural health practitioners with over 45 years of combined hands-on experience.”
- Their mission statement is “to engage the cannabis plant to empower a well-balanced life through a combination of research science and natural medicine.” The About page suggests the founders engage in “open-ended and ongoing investigation” and have worked with patients on a one-on-one basis in the past.
- All Pure Ratios products are developed using the best scientific knowledge and drawing on more than 5,000 years of holistic plant-based medicines.
- While Pure Ratios emphasizes their herbalist approach, they don’t mention where they source their hemp from or whether they take any steps to guarantee natural growing conditions. Similarly, nothing is revealed about the manufacturing conditions.
- Pure Ratios has their products tested by Infinite Chemical Analysis Labs (ICAL)—you can download the most recent lab results as a PDF from each product page.
- The ICAL lab results say Pure Ratios products contain less than 0.1% THC on average.
- Pure Ratios is California-based and their FAQ says they ship to all US states except South Dakota. They don’t ship hemp-based CBD products to Alabama, Mississippi, and Missouri. Free shipping is available for all US customers on orders over $50.
- It doesn’t look like they have international shipping regulations, though they do urge overseas customers to check with local regulations to ensure the order isn’t confiscated by customs.
- Pure Ratios claims to provide “highly accurate dosages that act for longer and more evenly sustained times”.
You’ll find some customer reviews on the Pure Ratios Facebook page but that’s the only activity so far.
The Pure Ratios blog is also rather inactive, with only 4 posts from September through December 2019.
They’re a little more active on their Instagram account where they have 22 posts since early February.
A few other Instagram accounts are claiming to represent Pure Ratios but the link above is the only one mentioned on their website.
Their FAQ page doesn’t have a lot of information and there are some unexplained discrepancies between the FAQs and the website’s disclaimer.
You can contact Pure Ratios via:
- Their website chatbot
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-619-821-2997
- Their contact form
The Pure Ratios Facebook page also suggests the following contact information, which might be outdated:
- Alternative email: email@example.com
- US toll-free number: 1-844-902-1441
Do They Have A Rewards Program?
Pure Ratios offers a rewards program advertised as a pop-up button on the bottom-left of their website.
If you sign-up for a free Pure Ratios account, you can earn reward points for:
- Signing up to the Pure Ratios newsletter
- Following them on social media
- Sharing Pure Ratios on your social media
- Leaving product reviews on their site
- Purchases (1 point for every $1 spent)
- Your birthday
You can also get a $10 discount coupon when someone you referred to Pure Ratios makes their first purchase.
Once you earn 500 points, you can trade them in for a $5 discount coupon.
You can also “subscribe” to certain products for a 15% discount and have them delivered on a set schedule.
What Products Do Pure Ratios Sell?
Despite being in business since 2014, Pure Ratios only offers 4 products.
96 Hour Transdermal Hemp Extract Patch (1-pack and 5-pack)
Their flagship product is the 96 Hour Transdermal Hemp Extract Patch, a water-proof “reservoir patch” that offers up to 96 hours of pain/anxiety relief.
Pure Ratios advises cleaning your skin with the alcohol swab included before applying the patch to an area with minimal hair and flexion.
You can choose to buy a single patch for $18 or get a 5-pack for $75. With the 5-pack, you have the option of subscribing for a 15% discount.
Pure Ratios claims this is their award-winning product. However, the claim can’t be verified since there isn’t anything on the site identifying the award.
The patches are advertised as having 40mg of CBD each, but the lab results show only 38.64mg.
Hemp Extract Topical Salve
The Hemp Extract Topical Salve promises to help your body heal from stress and minor discomforts. It comes in two sizes:
- 25ml for $35 (20.8g product plus weight of container)
- 50ml for $69 (40.1g product plus weight of container)
According to the packaging in the product photo, the 50ml option has 300mg hemp extract, but the lab results only show 275.54mg total cannabinoids. ICAL tested 142.75mg total cannabinoids for the 25ml option.
Hemp Extract Roll-On
Pure Ratios’ Hemp Extract Roll-On offers the same benefits as their transdermal patches, but in gel-form for quick relief in targeted areas. The net weight advertised is 10ml with 120mg organic hemp extract for $35.
According to the ICAL lab results, this product is actually a little bit stronger than that, with 124.41mg total cannabinoids!
Hemp Extract Lip Balm
The Pure Ratios Hemp Extract Lip Balm similarly promises the same relief benefits as their other topical products, while also keeping your lips moist to “prevent and restore dry lips.”
Confident Cannabis’s lab results show this 4g product packs 22.4mg total CBD, which is a little bit stronger than the advertised 20mg. You can get it for $9.95.
Pure Ratios Reviews — What Are People Saying?
The customer reviews published on the Pure Ratios website are all overwhelmingly positive.
But what are people saying on TrustPilot, an independent site that isn’t offering reward points for reviews?
Overall, Pure Ratios has a good reputation and 4/5 stars.
58% of the 386 reviews rate the company as Excellent, though 15% give Pure Ratios a 1-star rating.
Nunya’s review lists some of the most common complaints — being automatically enrolled in the recurring subscription plan, a misleading money-back guarantee, poor customer support, and the patches not working as advertised.
Another customer, Sarah, also complains the patches fell off within half an hour and she couldn’t get it to stick again:
On a more positive note, Stephanie says she had a great experience with the customer service over the phone and the patches do work for her.
However, she does mention difficulty navigating the website and skin-related problems with the patches:
Evald, on the other hand, praises Pure Ratios for their fast shipping and even faster results:
Leave Your Own Pure Ratios Review Below
Have you bought any of the Pure Ratios products? What did you think?
Good or bad, we’d love to hear about your experience as a Pure Ratios customer, so please leave your review below and let us know how it went.